Kerala, the dream destination of all the tourists, adventurers, honeymooners, and visitors is on India’s tropical Malabar coast with a clear 600 km Arabian Sea shoreline, Palm-lined Pristine beaches, Photogenic valleys, gurgling Mountain streams, Serpentine pin bends with a serene environment, the romantic and heart-warming ambiance has always allured all. With a bounty of fascinating destinations, it has always remained as the first preference all the nature lovers, leisure-seekers and adventurous hunters.
Let’s explore here the leading destinations of Kerala.
Till Now You may read many Blogs or heard from different sources about tourist places in kerala.
Today I am going to let you know via this blog in detail about 3 best tourist places in Kerala. If you want to explore more about kerala tour package then visit this page
Lakkidi - 1 Best Tourist Places in Kerala
Lakkidi known as the gem of Wayanad is situated at the height of 700m above sea level and is the highest point in the Wayanad hill station. It is an enchanting beauty luring visitors and tourists from all around the world and is atop Thamarassery Ghat Pass with close vicinity to Vythiri.
The people of all ages, customs, culture, and all other walks of life regularly visit here. Whether you are a nature lover, or an adventurous geek, or even someone seeking for spiritual bliss, there is no other better place to have such an enriched experience in the lap of nature, where all visitors get what they are looking for. From fun seekers to natural treasure hunters, the serpentine terrains and the exhilarating turns of this place are equally awe-inspiring for all. The challenges all across the ground make the experience a real adrenaline pumping for all.
Shutterbugs have the best time at this destination when they get spell-bound by the beauty and natural charm of this place and get fascinated to lost in the sky-high peaks, deep valleys, bubbling streams, and exuberant vegetations.
How to reach Lakkidi?
One could easily reach there either by road, train, or air.
Road - Lakkidi is well connected by the roads, and after reaching Kozhikode Railway Station, which is around 100km from Lakkidi, one can conveniently board the regular state-run bus or any other private bus, or even hire local taxis to reach Lakkidi by road. Reaching by road while enjoying the scenic beauty is the best way to be there.
Train - The nearest railway station to Lakkidi is Kozhikode railway station, which is close to 100 km from there. From there state-run or private buses ply regularly at short intervals. You could hire local taxis or shared taxis also from there.
Air - Karipur Airport is the nearest airport to Lakkidi from where one could commute by road to easily reach there, which is nearly 100 km from there.
Things to Do -
1) Nature’s Walk - Lakkidi’s irresistible charm and appeal makes it the befitted place to go for nature trails or walk to get closely acquainted with the mother nature
2) Nature Trails: Canopied by untouched vegetation, Lakkidi is undoubtedly a befitting place to get connected with Mother Nature. On a visit to this fascinating locale, visitors can join nature trails or nature walks to get acquainted with Lakkidi’s irresistible charm and appeal.
3) Sightseeing – Lakkidi has the best sightseeing, owing to its being the highest point in Waynad. It is the most promising destination to have the best sightseeing in this surrounding area. It has some of the most exhilarating vantage point.
4) Religious Tours – For spiritually minded, Lakkidi provides various religious shrines to pacifiy the urge of getting connected to the almighty in this serene environment. It has some of the most revered places of south India
Best time to be there -
Winters - Lakkidi has a crispy winter from October to February when the mist envelopes the entire region and fog starts ruling it. If you like chilly winters, then there’s no best time than visiting here.
Summer - From March to May is the hot summer at Lakidi when the temperature starts rising. The beauty of the summers is that even at the peak temperature, the weather remains pleasant and appealing. The atmosphere is clear with crisp visibility and thus making tourists and other activities flourishing in this region making, it a truly legend for the sightseeing.
Monsoon - The monsoon prevails here from June to September, and as the monsoon heads forward, it makes Lakkidi much more picturesque while giving it a fresh and pleasant look to make it infectious for both, the localite and the visitors. One should, however avoid hiking, trekking, and other adventurous things because of wet and slippery weather.
Other places to visit around -
Palappuram, Pookot Lake, Padur, Pazhayannur, Pazhayannur, VennimalaSree Rama LakshamanaPerumal Temple, Chelakkara, Shoranur, Shoranur, Manissery
Kochi - 2 Best Tourist Places in Kerala
The Glory, the electrifying beauty, and the enchanting charm of the Kochi are unmatchable. It’s green landscapes, scenic attractions, spice gardens and nearness to the Arabian sea, make it one of the most enchanted and appreciated tourist spot to be visited the most. The blend of old-world charm and the modern-day world both make this place alluring to all types of visitors. Kochi is located in Ernakulam district, which is often known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea, has always attracted the visitors since time immemorial.
The National Geographic Traveller Magazine rated Kochi as one of the 50 greatest places to visit in a lifetime. It’s indigenous roots, and its high cultural and traditional values are still deeply engraved in every bit of their people and their culture. Though, its cosmopolitan atmosphere is untouched by it and presents a lively environment for all tourists visiting this place. Kochi is one of best kerala tour destinations you can choose
How to reach there?
Roads, train, and air well connect Kochi and make it convenient for all the tourists and visitors to reach here comfortably as per ones' choice.
Road - The road network of Kochi is well planned and made it easily approachable to all from various cities and other Tourists destination of Kerala. Visitors could easily reach here from different adjacent cities like Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and other cities. The KSRTC buses to Kochi ply at regular intervals from various places.
Train - Kochi is in close vicinity of two railway stations namely Ernakulam Town Station and Ernakulam Junction Station. These stations are well connected to the rest of the country and make it convenient for all visitors to throng this area as and when they want.
Air - The nearest airport to Kochi is Cochin International Airport, which is well connected to all other cities to provide easy access to it. One can easily board a flight to other tourists' destination also from here.
Best time to be there -
1) Winters - Winters in Kochi arrives in October and stay there till February. This time is the best time for the honeymooners and leisure seekers who are craving to enjoy the alluring ambiance of nature and wants to get soaked into it.
2) Summers - The summers start from March with the rise of temperature and remain there till June. During this time Kochi becomes a quiet and calm place with very few visitors arriving there, though the summers are not that harsh. Therefore, its not the right time to visit if you are visiting there to enjoy the ambiance.
3) Monsoon - Kochi gets a different look during Monsoon that is generally from July to September. During this period Kochi gets entirely covered by the greenery and exuberant vegetation with colorful flora around adding to its charm, appeal, and allurance.
Other places to visit around-
Kochi Fort, Vasco House, Santa Cruz Basilica, Dutch Palace, Bolghatty Palace, Hill Palace, Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary
Things to do -
1) Sightseeing - Kochi is known for its fascinating sightseeing throughout the year. It has alluring shorelines, historical landmarks, religious reverence, and much more.
2) Chinese Fishing Nets - Chinese fishing nets are on the northern side of the Fort Kochi and are known for its fantastic beauty of shorelines. They give you a great glimpse of Kerala’s golden past.
3) Backwater Homestay - Backward Homestays are located on the outer fringes of the city around Alappuzha and are exclusively for those who want to have a feel of hospitality and the history of Kochi. These give you a great insight into the rustic cultures and traditions of Kochi.
Varkala Beach - 3rd Best Tourist Places in Kerala
Varkala beach of Kerala is also known as ‘Papanasham Beach’ and is known for its ancient legendary history. The legend says that a dip in this beach cleanses the devotee’s soul. Located amidst of Varkala in Trivandrum district it is one of the most magnificent beaches in Kerala.
This beach has the fascination for all, whether one is an adventure seeker, leisure seeker or newly-married couple. The charm and grace of the Arabian sea add to its beauty and excitement. It’s the only sandy retreat where the sea and the cliff are located next to each other and are enriched enough to offer everyone something or other, whether you are going to seek adventure, solace or fun.
The beach has a lot of treasure to fulfill all desires and appease to all tourists. Lying on the beach and relaxing around the thatched huts has its own charm at Varkala. Its amazing beauty fascinates the honeymooners and it heart touching ambiance enthrals them to embark on their new journey of their lives. Water sports and other adventurous activities are at their best here for the adventure seekers.
How to reach there?
If you have been to Kerala, you can’t afford to miss this Varkala beach. Nicely connected by roads, railway, and air and it is a must place to visit.
1) Road - The Varkala beach is hardly 47km from NH-47 and has buses plying at regular intervals from Kochi, Trivandrum and other main cities of Kerala.
2) Air - You can also reach Varkala through Trivandrum International airport, which is around 51 km from there. Varkala doesn’t have an airport of its own; therefore, one has to come here via the International airport.
3) Train - The Varkala Railway station is just at 5km from the beach and is the best option to reach Varkala’ beach.
Best time to be there-
The best time to visit is from the onset of October to the end of March when the temperature has become mild and starts getting chilled with every passing day. The weather is pleasant and serene, with a clear sky above. The fresh sea breeze makes the stay remarkable and mesmerizing scenic beauties allures everyone whether one has come for the honeymoon or to have an adventure in the Arabian sea.
Indian Travel Store curates your dream vacations within your budget across pan India and is thrilling wanderlusts from last more than ten decades. They are experts in customizing itineraries as per your comfort, convenience, and taste. With extensive networking throughout traveling and hospitality industry, you cannot find a better deal. Have your pick from their Kerala Tour Packages and visit their ‘Best destinations in Kerala,’ they would do the rest from picking till dropping. The above our Best Tourist places in Kerala.